Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Nina's Observations 13 - Andrea Wood

Journal Entry 51

I realised recently that I’ve never visited the Town’s Temple. I don’t know why; it’s quite hard to miss.

Perhaps it was because no Temple has ever offered me sanctuary from the dangers I faced, once they found out what I was. It never mattered that I’d been a child; once someone found out about my magic, I was either thrown out the door, or chased away.

Thus far, though, no one in town has noticed my magic - or, at least, they seem like they haven’t. Discomfort or not, I feel I should go over there at some point, and see what it’s like. I don’t have to stay long, after all; I no longer need the sanctuary of a Temple to survive. I have Master’s Tower, and the little house nearby, now.

I’ve noticed a woman going to the Temple lately, though. She goes that way almost every day, and I wonder if she’s the caretaker of the place. There’s a graveyard next to it, as well, though, so it’s possible that she’s simply visiting a deceased loved one.

I suppose I’ll find out when I go that way.

Andrea Wood has been hanging around on the road near the tower again. She actually left the town recently, disappeared for almost an entire day. But as the sun was going down, I noticed her returning.


Villager Observation 13 - Andrea Wood

Andrea wants to leave Willowdale. Judging from the direction she keeps wandering in, it seems she has an interest in the Arena. But she doesn’t seem like she possesses the willpower to actually leave.

And even on the occasions that she does leave, she always comes back before the day is out.

Perhaps it has something to do with her family. I do not know what happens, what is said, behind the closed doors of the Wood Family’s house. My task is to observe the townsfolk, and decide who I want to interact with, and whom I don’t - though I have already interacted with a few of them.

It is not my task, nor my right, to pry into the private matters of the people who have caught my attention.

Still, she has intrigued me, enough so that I followed her out of town on one of her recent wanders, simply to observe what she did when she went off on her own.

For most of the day, she just walked. She stopped briefly for a rest and to eat something from her pack, but mostly, she just walked along the road - careful to stay at the edge, so she didn’t get trampled by anything or anyone coming up the middle of the road.

At about mid-afternoon, she stopped and was silent for a long time. Then she yelled obscenities at the trees, before turning on her heel and sprinting back the way she’d come. I did not quite understand what I’d seen, but I followed her, all the way back to the Arrow-Wood Farm.

It appeared that none of her family ever knew she’d be gone. I guess they assumed she’d been with the sheep all day. Nothing was ever said about it - at least, not where I could hear it.

Andrea seems to have a bit of a short temper, though, so I can’t say i’d be too surprised if she started yelling or arguing once inside the house. There’s no need to make a scene in front of the Farm hands and her other relatives. In front of direct family, however, is another story.


I have continued to maintain distance from her, but I cannot help but feel like she might be someone I want to interact with. More so than the rest of her family, at the very least. However, I’m not sure if she’s someone I want to tell about my magic - i still don’t know her opinions on the matter.

No comments: